Detects almost any game running, including new releases
Automatically describes detected games
Detects user in-game activity
Collects gaming controller usage statistics
Allows to add any game to Windows Games Explorer
Supports 64 bit
Windows OS and applications
Supports high-DPI (4K)
Detects Windows Store (UWP)
Supports user profiles
Does not reduce performance of your gaming rig
Installs and works under restricted user account
It's free of charge!
It is a freeware
, it is free for noncommercial
It doesn't include any adware or banners
It has no expiration date
It is available for direct download without any registration
Operating system Microsoft Windows XP
or later version (including Microsoft Windows 10
Redistributable of Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
Recent version of Microsoft DirectX
- Brazilian Portuguese
Download page of Gameplay Time Tracker
Official home page
This is an official home page of Gameplay Time Tracker
Here you can download genuine installer of the last version of this program for
free. Check for updates!
Go straight to direct dowload links
April 11, 2011 - Version 1.0
April 19, 2011 - Version 1.0.5
- User in-game activity detection.
- Minor interface improvements.
April 25, 2011 - Version 1.1
- Gaming controller usage statistics (mouse, keyboard, joystick, steering wheel).
- Major compatibility improvements.
May 05, 2011 - Version 1.1.5
- Daily statistics for all your games in summary (collected for the last 365 days
of your gaming).
- Minor interface improvements.
June 14, 2011 - Version 1.2
- User defined game groups (strategies, simulators etc.).
- Game quick launcher panel.
- Manual addition of specific games.
- Manual addition of previously registered gameplay time.
- Fully dynamic interface (lower PC hardware usage).
- Automatic check for new version (controlled by user).
July 15, 2011 - Version 1.3
- Full 64-bit OS support: automatic detection of 32-bit and 64-bit executable files.
- Access to information on installed “Games for Windows” titles.
- Export of detected games to “Games Explorer” (“Games” folder) in Windows Vista / 7 operating systems.
- Game completion flag with user comment, built-in group of completed games.
- Minor interface improvements.
August 11, 2011 - Version 1.4
- Browser-based online game detection (“Quake Live” etc.).
- Support for Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera
Browser and Google Chrome.
- Managed DirectX libraries are no more required.
- Ability to block Windows Logo key to prevent problems with fullscreen games.
- Tweakable overlay window with current gameplay time (for non-fullscreen games only).
August 15, 2011 - Version 1.4.1
- Fixed critical problems with User Account Control (UAC) enabled in
Windows Vista / 7 operating systems. Typical symptoms - application may not
start at all, or user data can not be saved.
September 20, 2011 - Version 1.5
- New simplified startup screen for newcomers (can be disabled by user).
- Application localization engine has been changed. Now you can participate in translation
of this program into your native language!.
- Gaming statistics for groups as interactive pie charts.
- Automatic detection of good old games from GOG.com.
- Periodic autosave of all application data (configured by user).
October 21, 2011 - Version 1.5.1
- Fixed issues with localized versions of Windows.
November 29, 2011 - Version 1.5.2
- Automatic backup of user data for last 10 days.
March 19, 2012 - Version 1.6
- Different users may use program on the same PC (user profile support).
- Gameplay time can be displayed in hours (without days).
- User interface hints at startup.
- Improved game controller support (no input lag).
- Selectable DirectX input libraries.
March 20, 2012 - Version 1.6.1
- Fixed issue with interface localization after the first start of application.
- Preliminary ukrainian language support.
March 23, 2012 - Version 1.6.2
- User data is correctly transferred after upgrade from any previous version.
April 17, 2012 - Version 1.6.3
- Interface language of application installer is now selectable.
- Day-by-day gameplay statistics graph has been refactored.
August 14, 2016 - Version 2.0
- Migrated to SharpDX/SlimDX.
- Migrated to Microsoft .NET 4.0.
- Major compatibility improvements.
November 7, 2016 - Version 2.0.1
- Deutsch interface localization.
November 23, 2017 - Version 2.1
- Detection of Windows Store (UWP) games
- Detection of browser-based games is removed. Sorry, guys, but modern browsers are a big pain to be detected properly.
- New game detection criteria based on video memory usage.
- Game session is suspended, not terminated, when game window loses input focus. Game session count is more accurate now.
- Statistics graph for entire period of observation is now available.
- Displayed columns can be changed when browsing the list of games.
- Recently used applications can be easily added to the list of forcefully detected applications.
- Games may be added manually even if they are not installed now (useful when importing your gameplay data from other similar applications or services).
- Migrated from DirectInput (obsolete) to Raw Input (recommended).
- Major refactoring of source code, many issues were fixed.
- Installer does not require administrative access (program will be installed to “C:\ProgramData” folder).
November 27, 2017 - Version 2.2
- Import your gameplay statistics from recently closed online service Raptr.com in JSON format.
If you have downloaded your file my_playtime.json from Raptr.com, then you can import it via “More actions...” menu in the list of games.
- Fixed error opening icon cache file.
If you had this error, then you can extract file ApplicationIconCache.xml from backup archive and overwrite existing file. Some lost icons should be restored now.
- Brazilian Portuguese interface localization.
March 30, 2018 - Version 2.3
- Added achievements (just for fun).
- Search for a game in the list.
- Select path to the folder which contains files of saved games.
- Choose to automatically back up files of saved games after each game session.
- Transfer statistics to another game (can be useful when duplicate entries exist).
- Create shortcut for a game on desktop (via context menu item).
- Support of high-DPI displays (4K etc.) and large system fonts.
- Support of high-contrast themes.
- Interface overhaul (new images and icons).
- French interface localization.
April 10, 2018 - Version 2.3.1
- Added option to disable setting current game session on pause when the game is out of focus.
- Fixed incorrect detection of interactive gameplay time.
- Updated Brazilian Portuguese interface localization.
End-User License Agreement (EULA)
This End-User License Agreement (“EULA”) is a legal agreement between you (“you”)
and author (“author”) for the software product “Gameplay Time Tracker” (“Software”).
By installing, copying, or otherwise using the Software, you agree to be bound by
the terms of this EULA. The Software is protected by copyright laws and international
copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The
Software is licensed, not sold, and ALL SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”.
- GRANT OF LICENSE: This EULA grants you the following rights:
- Installation and Use: You may install and use an unlimited number of copies of the
Software. Any copies of the Software which this License authorizes you to make are
subject to this EULA.
- Reproduction and Distribution: You may not reproduce and distribute copies of the
Software without the express written consent of author.
- DESCRIPTION OF OTHER RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS:
- Limitations on Reverse Engineering, Decompilation, and Disassembly: You may not
reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Software except and only to the extent
that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this
- Support Services: author will not provide you with support services (“Support Services”)
related to the Software.
- Software Transfer: You may permanently transfer all of your rights under this EULA,
provided the recipient agrees to the terms of this EULA.
- Termination: Without prejudice to any other rights of author, your rights under
this EULA will terminate automatically without notice from author if you fail to
comply with any term(s) of this EULA. In such event you must destroy all copies
of the Software and any related materials.
- COPYRIGHT: All right, title and interest in and to the Software (including the copyrights
in the Software and including, but not limited to, any images, photographs, animations,
video, audio, music, text, and “applets” incorporated into the Software), the accompanying
printed materials (if any), and any copies of the Software are owned by author.
The Software is protected by copyright laws and international treaty provisions.
Except as permitted by applicable law and this License, you may not modify, rent,
lease, loan, sublicense, or create derivative works from the Software.
- Disclaimer of Warranty on Software. You expressly acknowledge and agree that use
of the Software is at your sole risk. The Software is provided “AS IS” and without
warranty of any kind and AUTHOR EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED,
INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS
FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. AUTHOR DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN
THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE
WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
FURTHERMORE, AUTHOR DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE
OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE OR RELATED DOCUMENTATION IN TERMS OF THEIR
CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION
OR ADVICE GIVEN BY AUTHOR OR AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF AUTHOR SHALL CREATE
A WARRANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF THIS WARRANTY. SHOULD THE SOFTWARE
PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU (AND NOT AUTHOR OR AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF AUTHOR)
ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. SOME JURISDICTIONS
DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT
APPLY TO YOU. THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE
REMAINS WITH YOU.
- Limitation of Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL AUTHOR
OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL
DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS
INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS) ARISING
OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS LICENSE, EVEN IF AUTHOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY
OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR
CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL
AUTHOR'S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID FOR THIS
LICENSE TO THE SOFTWARE. THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE
SOFTWARE REMAINS WITH YOU.
- Fault Tolerance. The Software is not fault tolerant and is not designed, manufactured,
or intended for use or resale as on-line control equipment in hazardous environments
requiring fail-safe performance, such as the operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft
navigation or communications systems, air traffic control, direct life support machines,
or weapons systems, in which the failure of the Software could lead directly to
death, personal injury, or severe physical or environmental damage (“High Risk Activities”).
Author specifically disclaims any express or implied warranty of fitness for High
- MISCELLANEOUS: If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision,
or portion of this EULA, to be unenforceable, the remainder of this EULA shall continue
in full force and effect. This EULA constitutes the entire agreement between the
parties with respect to the use of the Software and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous
understandings regarding such subject matter. No amendment to or modification of
this EULA will be binding unless in writing and signed by author.
Required software components
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
redistributable package, you can download
it using the following link
For versions prior to 1.4: Microsoft Managed DirectX
package, you can download it from our site using the following link
(alternatively you may update Microsoft DirectX
libraries to the
latest version, you can download it using the following link